Please join us for a fun-filled summer as we introduce Maria Montessori’s amazing Cosmic Education!
Maria Montessori believed that children, even young ones, should feel a connection to the world around them. It is with this goal in mind that we are introducing our new summer program. The cosmic area of the Montessori classroom is designed to show the child his or her interconnection with all people – and their own place in the world. Through hands-on experiences the children will explore things that are closest to them, expanding outward to the wonders of our universe.
Starting with energy, or Chi, and ending with Our Cosmic Story, each week will expand its focus so that our campers can get a full picture of their place in the universe. See our camp brochure for a full description of each camp week.
- Led by our own Montessori teachers, campers will continue to experience the fundamentals of the Montessori philosophy
- Weekly Swim Lessons at Fitness Alive Swim Academy
- Visits from local experts in various fields relating to our weekly themes e.g. The Franklin Institute, The Philadelphia Zoo, Quiver Farm, Estilo Dance Studio, Snapology, Music with Ms. Anna, Philadelphia School of Circus Arts, Paper making with Ms. Winnie,…
- Daily variety of art, music, cooking, movement, fiber arts, experiments, nature experiences…
- Plenty of time to relax, play games and choose work!
- Fountain Fridays at Sister Cities Park! We will continue our Friday tradition of splashing with friends and having great summer fun!
- Our wonderful summer program will end with a Family fun field trip for an out of this world experience!
Take a look at our tentative camp calendar for a full schedule of trips and visitors.